Open Records Request
HB312 - Amends KRS 61.872 - Kentucky's Open Records Act
Complete the Standardized Request to Inspect Public Records Form and email to City Clerk Gina Gabbard at email@example.com.
- Public agencies must respond to a request to inspect records within five business days;
- Only residents of the commonwealth as defined by KRS 61.870(10) may request public records;
- Any request must include a statement that the individual is a resident of the commonwealth;
- Updated open records policy must include both the mailing address and email address at which the custodian may receive requests;
- If the public agency has a website, it must publish its open records policy on the website as well as a copy of the OAG standardized form, though the public agency cannot require a citizen to use the form for a request and must accept a complete request in any form; and
- Resume in-person inspection for public records requested under the Act.