Chris Moriconi, City Administrator
Municipal Government Experience
2001-2003-Independence City Council Member
2003-2013-Mayor City of Independence
Serving in the capacity as a City Administrator since 2013
Master's Degree in Public Administration
Related Government Experience
- 2016 President of Northern Kentucky City, County Managers Association.
- Currently serving second term on the Planning Development Services Management Board as elected by Kenton County Mayors.
- Current host of City Talk cable show interviewing Kenton County Mayors.
DUTIES OF CITY ADMINSTRATIVE OFFICER
- Advise the Mayor in policy formulation and overall issues of the city.
- Responsible for preparation and administration of operating and capital improvement budgets under the direction of the Mayor.
- Advise the Mayor concerning the appointment of subordinate administrative personnel.
- Maintain continuing direct relationships with operating department heads on the implementation and administration of programs.
- The city administrative officer is required to carry out all additional duties lawfully delegated by and appropriate executive order and has the same powers as the executive authority in carrying out these duties.
Chris's view on serving as City Administrator
“Serving the citizens of Independence in this capacity is my dream job. Together, our incredible staff and elected officials make a difference each day in serving our residents. I compare this career as the CAO to a large company. We serve 30,000 customers, with 60 employees and an $14 million dollar budget. A lot of responsibility but very rewarding.”