Independence Public Works
The Independence Public Works department is under the direction of Dan Koch, the Public Services Director.
The Independence public works department is comprised of 4 full time employees responsible for the following items.
- Street Maintenance: Road surface repairs, pot holes, curbs, and other miscellaneous repairs.
- Traffic Maintenance: Regulatory Signs (street signs, stops signs, etc.)
- Building Maintenance: Maintain City owned property such as the City Building , City Parks Buildings.
- Special Events: Setup and Take down of city events.
- Animal Removal from Public right of way (dead animal removal)
Please Note: The City of Independence Public Works Department does not maintain any sewer or water mains in the City. If you have a problem or an emergency with these services, you need to call Northern Kentucky Water District at 859–578–9898 or the Sanitation District at 859–578–7460.