Independence Police Department
Prevention: Auto Safety
The Independence Police Department reminds you to:
- Make sure your vehicle is locked at all times.
- Never leave your vehicle running while unattended.
- Always remove your keys while refueling.
- Keep all personal items, such as checkbook, identification, phones, electronics, credit cards, purses, wallet and CD’s locked in your trunk or out of view.
- Always activate any anti-theft you have on your vehicle.
- Don’t hide spare keys in your car.
- Do not place your vehicle registration in your glove compartment. Alternative is to keep it on your person while occupancy your vehicle.
These tips are advisory only and not intended neither to identify all security weaknesses nor to warrant the adequacy of all present and future safety measures.