Independence Senior and Community Center
The Independence Senior and Community Center opened in 2002 to serve the residents of Independence and Southern Kenton County. The center is located at 2001 Jack Woods Parkway (located in Memorial Park), next to the Independence Fire Station.
The mission of the Independence Senior Citizen's Center is to help reduce isolation and loneliness and promote socialization for seniors in our area. The quality of life for the seniors is greatly improved through educational workshops, health and wellness screenings, recreational activities, and by offering new and lasting friendships.
Members can participate in many activities including; trips, card games, computer training, quilting, sewing, exercising, chair volleyball, corn hole, Wii, and more!
- Membership is open to seniors 50 years and older
- Membership is required to participate in any and all Senior Center Activities
- The Center is open for Senior Activities Monday through Thursday
- Guests are welcome to one free visit with guest pass. Future participation will require a paid yearly membership
- Scheduled activities may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Fees may apply for some activities